2019 is a very exciting year for The Story Museum. Major redevelopment work is now underway to create a total of 10 gallery and activity spaces that will bring the whole Museum into full use, enabling us to welcome many more visitors and to provide a home for our collection of 1001 of the world’s greatest stories. Alongside this capital redevelopment supported by Arts Council England and the Heritage Lottery Fund, we are also embarked on the planned expansion of our staff team in preparation for our reopening in Spring 2020 and will be posting vacancies here as they arise.
A Most Unusual Apprenticeship
The Story Museum’s team is expanding and we are looking for an enthusiastic Customer Service Apprentice to help provide our visitors with the best possible experience.
What you will learn to do:
• Provide a first class visitor service.
• Encourage our visitors to imaginatively enjoy the Museum.
• Maintain installations and exhibition spaces to high standards.
• Work as part of team.
What’s in it for you:
• You will receive an apprentice contract for a minimum of 12 months
• You will be paid £12,000 per year or part year (pro rata) or National Minimum Wage as
• You will get 25 days annual leave plus the 8 statutory bank holidays pro rata
• You will spend 20% of your time in off-the-job training
• You will gain a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service if you pass the End Point Assessment.
How to apply:
If you’d like to find out more please come to our informal information sessions. You can bring a friend or a grown up with you. It’s not necessary for you to have attended the information
session in order to apply – just download the application form above and then follow the instructions.
Saturday 24th August, 10.30am – 2.30pm
10.00am, Friday 30th August
Notification of interviews Tuesday 3rd September
Interviews Thursday 5th September
Interviews will involve a group workshop session and a short 1-2-1 interview . More information will be provided to shortlisted candid at es.
You may also wish to check out our volunteer opportunities.
Click here to read our privacy statement for job applicants