Visiting The Story Museum
We encourage our visitors to enjoy our spaces and to leave them so that others can enjoy them too.
- Please be respectful of others. This includes refraining from offensive or abusive language or behaviour and avoiding making so much noise or running about in such a way that you might stop someone else enjoying their visit.
- Please observe all normal health & safety signage around the Museum such as keeping emergency exits clear.
- In the event that we need to evacuate the building, please follow instructions from The Story Museum’s trained staff and volunteers.
- Children under the age of 11 must be supervised at all times by someone aged 16 or over.
- Children over the age of 11 are allowed to visit the Museum unaccompanied provided that they have parental permission and that they observe this code of behaviour.
- Please look after your own personal property at all times.
- Where possible we ask visitors to leave their buggies and prams outside the Museum in our buggy park. If this is not possible, then please speak to one of our team.
- Please do not eat or drink in the Museum except in the Café or other specially designated areas.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within The Story Museum or its courtyard.
- Photography and recording for private non-commercial purposes are permitted in most of our spaces but please ensure that you do not inadvertently include others in your pictures or films without their permission. We do not allow filming or photography in the Film Den or during shows or events.
- No charitable collections, raffles or distribution of flyers or pamphlets are allowed in the Museum unless by prior agreement.